Wednesday 24 October 2012

Fixie for my fiancée

After much research in a field of fixies that I'm not knowledgeable in, we finally decided to purchase one from this store at Ang Mo Kio, Scootz. It is not easy locating the store, as its right under some HDB blocks (FYI if your not Singaporean, HDBs are the flats that most Singaporean resides).

Overall, the service-staff, if I'm not wrong, his name is Kentley, was pretty friendly. Answered most of our queries and provided us with some insightful comments regarding fixies and bothered to offer us free gifts and putting on the bar tapes for the bike (very anal). On a side note, the shop has awesome air conditioning, which is hardly seen in any other bike shops.

My fiancée viewed and tested some of the bikes, and we decided to buy the Dura Fixie. Colour's pretty sweet as its white with nice decals, similar to my DH 2.0. Fixies are pretty fascinating, as you can not only brake them, but also coast them causing it to drift, but its a really gnarly stunt to pull off.

Well here's the picture of the bike and my fiancée. 


Matching my bike perfectly...


All and all we were happy with the purchase, well at least now she doesn't get out-run when we go riding.



No comments:

Post a Comment