Monday 17 December 2012

Shredding Session: Tampines Bike Park


© Alvin O Conner for some of the photographs.

Finally had the chance to shred with my buddies! Woke up at 9am even though I had a late night movie session of The Hobbits. Met my buddies near my place, loaded our bikes and stuff and headed to Tampines Bike Park.

Loading up

Mounts of the 5th Avenue Riders

Guess what, it's Saturday and the instructor is around for us to take the BMX test, took it with 3 of them who had not taken it yet. Was quite nervous as the test sounded hard, but hey, it was ridiculously easy, just keep your foot on the bike and you'll pass.


Tampines YOG BMX Track


After we passed the test, took a short break and headed for the trails. The trail was way gnarlier then I expect it to be, it was raining for the past few days, hence mud is everywhere, and some sections even had ankle deep mud holes. Overall the trail session was destroyed by the humidity (which made me nauseated and my bros had to take care of me at some point :/ ), and the insanely deep and wet mud holes, moreover fallen trees are seemingly everywhere. Tampines Bike Park is definitely not recommended in the raining season, due to its elevation which resulted in the difficulties of the track drying up.

DRY TRAILS! YAY, look ahead and tell me again


Waterfall section

Chilling out after the trails
After TBP, we went on to Vertex which one of my bros had his bike fixed, had lunch and headed to Punggol for some chilling session. Fast forward, we were at my buddy's place, his property is kinda special as his family own all the 3 units in the row. He took out a water hose and started the "Bike Spa" session, I was sceptical at the "spa" initially, but was totally convinced of its name after witnessing how it's done.

Bike Spa
The facial session



Well, after getting my bike washed, witnessed a exchange of bikes, it was time to head home to mend my over-exhausted body, more training and riding for myself is definitely needed...




No comments:

Post a Comment